Friday 2 August 2013

Headkandy Hair Extensions UK (Hot toffee light brown)

Headkandy Hair Extensions UK Review (Hot toffee light brown)

For over a year and a half now I have swapped my natural thin boring hair for a luscious head of locks one can easily take in and out every night clip in hair extensions I started of last year with a fullhead of “1st lady” hair extensions from a local hair shop. They where no well known brand, however they where the best I have and probably will ever have again. I kept these extensions for well over 12months bearing in mind this included dying them 3 times, curling then straightening them every other day. I took no special care of them (ashamed to say) but they did me proud. Referring back to my L’Oreal post it was that last traumatic experience that killed them.
Spending a whole month researching desperately to find some extensions better than the last I opted for Headkandys full set. With 180g of hair and 10 pieces in hot toffee light brown I received:  
5" x 2pc (1 clip)
4" x 5pc (2 clips)
6" x 2pc (3 clips)
8" Quad weft (4 clips) 
I have been wearing the 4 clip quad weft (below)on its own as the full head set is too heavy and thick for me. The quad weft alone is now £26.20 where I could have saved myself £80 for the full head set. 
(This is not my own image just an example of the quad weft in another shade) 

I had high expectations. My was I wrong.

The first time I wore my extensions I had already discovered the problem. The hair itself was so thick and heavy, which is normally a good thing for extensions made it rigid and unnatural. I first wore them un-tampered with and no heat styling. It was extremely noticeable from my natural hair as mine would wave and move however the extensions would stay stiff and not mix very well with my own hair. After an hour of having them in I was having to constantly brush them as they would become like a sheet of hair very unlike my own.

Main problems
·         Curls dropping out shortly after styling (tried with or without holding products)
·         Straightening gives a very unnatural sheet effect of the extensions
·         Severe knotting with the finer pieces of hair causing snaps
·         Breakages throughout the lengths of the hair.


I have styled these extensions many ways however I am still unhappy. Paying over £100 for these I expected way more. I think they are a very chemically processed unnatural quality of hair, far too thick and blunt.







This picture is off my long lasting 1st lady extensions which have now been discontinued. 18 inch full head and so easily styled. 







The very first time I had worn my Headkandy extenions and I was pleased at first. However the problems started after an hour or so of wearing them. 











This picture was taken with my sheet like Headkandy extensions. It was the windiest possible evening on the beach however the extensions didn't budge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment